Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Race for the Cure

Luis and I did the Race for the Cure on Sunday with our friend Blanca. It ended up being a beautiful day instead of being rainy as had been forecast.

Over 62,000 people participated, and you would believe it if you had seen the masses of people everywhere.

Luis walked in honor of my mom's friend Cathy who is fighting breast cancer right now and I walked in memory of my Granny and my friend's mom Sandy who passed away a little over 4 years ago.

Here are some pictures of the walk:


Luis and his sign for Cathy

A shot of all of us walking down Federal Blvd.

The exit ramp to Auraria Celebrating with some post-walk raisins
Blanca, Luis and I after the walk

Blanca and I have already decided that we are doing the walk again next year, so here is your warning that we are going to be hitting you up for some money next october!

No comments: