Monday, October 27, 2008

The Day My World Changed

At 6:18 p.m. on October 27, 2007 my world changed forever. This was the moment that I became a mother and Oscar became a father. It was the moment that everything else in my life fell to the background because of a screaming, messy little boy with an amazing head of hair and long, beautiful eyelashes.
I always knew that I wanted to be a mother but even through the previous 9 months I never understood the love that I would feel for a little person who I had just set eyes on.

From that moment forward Oscar and I were his protectors, his cheerleaders, and the ones who would always make sure he was loved and knew it.

This last year has been an amazing journey and I have loved every minute of the exhaustion, spit-up, diaper blow-outs, boogery shirts, and pee fountains. From his very first smile to his yelling, "BA DA!" (bad dog), I love this baby and wouldn't change any minute of it.

It has been hard at times, don't get me wrong, but he makes it worth it with his sweet smiles and sloppy kisses.

Thank you Luis James for changing my world for the better.

I love you!
Momma

No comments: