Tuesday, June 30, 2009

My sweet Lulu is in a Moh Moh phase...

and I love it! Lulu (a.k.a. Claire) is all about her Aunt Moh Moh right now. Every time we are together she has to sit right next to me and talk to me and be touching me with at least a finger.

She had surgery on her leg last Friday to have a cyst removed and really wanted me to be there but we were going camping so I wasn't able to be, she told Erin that she she "wished Moh Moh could go and give pointers" (she may be under the misimpression that I am some sort of expert at either needles or surgeries). I guess as soon as the doctor stuck her with the needle to numb her up she freaked out and started crying for me.

Erin immediately got me on the phone and Lulu was in hysterics saying she needed me there. I explained that I wasn't able to come but that I would talk to her on the phone until the procedure was done.

It took about 5 minutes for her to regain her composure and I had her laughing a little while later. She said the shot hurt "real, real bad" but she knew that it wasn't going to hurt nearly as bad as my new tattoo was going to hurt. After she was all done, she told me she loved me and we hung up.

It was such a nice interaction and really made me feel good that she loves me so much and that I was able to help her feel better.

...so about that tatto, I was telling the triplets that I was going to get a tattoo with a star for me and a big moon and small moon for Oscar and Luis. The boys were asking why but Claire only cared about where they were in the tattoo. I had to do a slight modification after than conversation because she was just so sweet about it, so I added 3 little red stars (the color of their birthstone) to the design.

Here is the initial design, it might have to be modified a little depending on what the tattoo artist says, but I'm so excited to get it done tomorrow!


No comments: